Use Cases for a Data Catalog
In today's digital age, organizations generate and collect vast amounts of data. To make this data useful and actionable, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of the available data assets. A data catalog is a powerful tool that enables organizations to manage and organize their data assets, making it easier for users to discover, understand, and utilize the data. In this page, we will explore various use cases of data catalogs, and how they can help organizations to optimize their data management processes, improve collaboration, and drive better decision-making.
Data literacy ensures all data users within an organization are educated to a level that enables them to consume data with confidence within a specific business context.
Data governance is the process of organizing, securing, managing, and presenting data using methods and technologies that ensure it remains correct, consistent, and accessible to verified users.
- What Is Data Governance? The Ultimate Guide
- Building an Effective Data Governance Framework
- Top 5 Data Governance Use Cases
- Data Governance Solutions & Tools
Data Privacy Compliance
Compliance in a data governance context refers to the measures taken by a data governance team, specifically data protection officers, to ensure an organization follows all relevant data privacy regulations.
- Data Privacy Compliance: How to Ensure it and How it Can Benefit Your Business
- Data Privacy Compliance Solutions & Tools
- BI, Analytics, and Discovery? Know the difference in the big data era
- Transform raw data into business insights
Integrating a business glossary into a data catalog enables the organization to establish a shared understanding of essential business terminology and concepts, facilitating better communication and informed decision-making.