Imagine a data catalog that everyone can use?
The business can get the right trusted data when they need them. And data analysts/scientists uncover hidden business opportunities, in data stored in various dispersed data sources or deep in your data lake.
That’s why OvalEdge is different. It can be used by everyone, every day – from the business analysts to the data scientists. No more back and forth emails, access issues, project delays due to differing business priorities. It’s your go-to-source for understanding your business, consumers, and a whole lot more.
Index All Your Data
Crawl all your data sources– and even your data lake – to index the metadata of every file, table, analytics software or other piece of data. OvalEdge crawls:
Data Management Platforms
- Relational Databases - Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, etc.
- Data Warehouses - Teradata, Vertica etc.
- Object Storage
- Cloud Platforms - Google Big Query, MS Azure Data Lake, AWS – Athena & Red Shift
- Non-Relational / NoSQL Databases- Cassandra, MongoDB
- Hadoop Distributions
- Modern Business Intelligence Platforms
- Analytic Applications
Organize Data for Easy Retrieval
Summarize Your Data
Get the Whole Data Picture via Relationships
View Data’s Lineage
Govern Your Data
- Simplify and standardize data definitions using the business glossary
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities like data owners, data stewards
- Manage data access through policies, controls, and workflows
- Define data quality rules to improve trust of Data and enable effective decision making
changes about data usage and controls
- Get reports about data usage and controls
Use Excel Skills to build SQL. Use single query editor to query hundreds of databases
The analysts who are not SQL experts can build SQL with our spreadsheet-style interface.
Now you don't need to worry about connecting to different databases, downloading drivers for each of them.
Use the simple web interface of OvalEdge to query data. Those who are SQL experts can write their own queries.
Build your data catalog quickly
Data consumers can chat directly in the catalog about the data. Or, they can send a link using Slack or email, and the link shows all the details about the data.
Set up Alerts
Alerts can be set up to notify data consumers about any changes to the data sets. For example, metadata changes or a sizable data increase.